LOW CARB BREAD
[social-share align="left" style="icon" counters="no"]
THIS MEAL IS FOR SNACKS
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins | Serves: 15 people | Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat until soft peaks are achieved.
- In a food processor combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt (Adding ~6 drops of liquid stevia to the batter can help reduce the mild egg taste). Mix until combined.
- Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and gently process until fully incorporated. Be careful not to over-mix as this is what gives the bread its volume!
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8x4 loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure the bread is cooked through.
- One snack is equivalent to two slices around 1 centimeter thick. Cover bread in butter and or cheese and enjoy!